Comfort Food for Thought

"Comforting Words for your Spirit"

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Rainy Days and Mondays

… Always get me down. Remember that song! ( or, am I showing my age)!

Rainy days and Mondays used to get me down all the time. I lived my life based on the weather and the day of the week. Sunny days - great mood. Rainy - not so good. Mondays - terrible; Saturdays - fantastic! I was a victim of my own moods. I was raised in an environment that taught me rain meant ‘dreary‘ and work-week meant ‘drudgery‘!

Thank goodness I re-created my own , more uplifting beliefs!

So, when I woke up this morning to the sound of raindrops I focused on how ’soothing’ and ‘therapuetic’ it was. The sound of nature coming through my window to welcome the day; welcome the week. I get to choose how I start my day; how I start my week. So on this ‘Rainy Day and Monday’ I choose to believe in beauty and love; opportunity and prosperity; peace and harmony.

What’s your ‘Rainy Day Belief’!

No comments:

Post a Comment